How to call Southwest Airlines: use the toll free numbers below to contact customer service for reservations, flight status and more. When you call, you will be asked the questions below.
Reservations & Information
1-800-435-9792 (1-800-I-FLY-SWA) (24/7)
- Thank you for calling Southwest Airlines. Your call may be recorded and monitored for quality purposes. Lower prices may be available on Southwest.com
- Federal law prohibits the carriage of certain hazardous materials in your checked or carry-on baggage and could result in a fine.
- By continuing this call, you acknowledge that you understand the hazardous materials restrictions and penalties. For more information, please visit www.southwest.com.
- If you have questions regarding your Rapid Rewards account, or if you are an A-List member, press 1.
- If you are an A-List member and would like expedited service, press 1.
- To look up Rapid Rewards account information using our automated system, press 2.
- To speak with a representative regarding account information, press 3.
- To make a new reservation, or pay for an existing reservation, press 2.
- For travel within the U.S. and Puerto Rico, press 1.
- For international travel, press 2.
- To make changes to an existing reservation, press 3.
- If you have your confirmation number and would like to use our automated service to hear your reservation information or to cancel your reservation, press 1.
- For travel within the U.S. and Puerto Rico, press 2.
- For international travel, press 3.
- Reservations made on Southwest.com may be changed or cancelled on our website, or you can remain on the line. Lower prices for your new flight may be available on Southwest.com.
- If you are calling for flight information, press 4.
- Hello, you’ve reached Southwest Airlines flight information.
- What flight number are you calling about? It’s ok to say “I don’t know it.”
- For all other calls, press 5.
- If you have your confirmation number and would like to use our automated service to check unused travel funds, press 1.
- For assistance with Southwest.com, press 2.
- For policy information questions, press 3.
- For calls pertaining to international travel, press 4.
- If you would like to hear those choices again, press 9, or you may wait on the line for the next available representative.
hours: Mon-Fri, 7am-8pm CT
- Thank you for calling Southwest Airline customer relations Rapid Rewards
- if you know your extension please press 3 now
- for customer relations press 1
- for Rapid Rewards please press 2.
Rapid Rewards Customer Service
- Hello, you’ve reached Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards, we’re here to help you access your member account information, for a more detailed view of your account activity and to learn more about the Rapid Rewards program visit Southwest.com today
- in the meantime let me access your account information, I’ve matched your phone number to your account, for confirmation please tell the month, day, and year that you were born.
Automated Flight Information
- Hello, you’ve reached Southwest Airlines flight information, what flight number are you calling about? It’s okay to say I don’t know it.
Reservations & Information – En Español: 1-800-VAMONOS (1-800-826-6667)
Baggage – General Questions: 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792)
Southwest Vacations: 1-800-243-8372
Articles Left at TSA Checkpoint: 1-888-269-9673 or tsa.gov
New Hotel Reservations: 1-800-733-1137
Teletypewriter (TTY): 1-800-533-1305
Existing Hotel Reservations: 1-800-545-4489
Public Relations & Media Relations: 214-792-4847
Jackpot Deal Packages: 1-877-308-4216
Group Reservations: 1-888-433-5368
Rewards Pre-travel assistance: 1-800-833-4861.
Rewards Assistance while traveling: 1-877-532-5678. International: 011-386-236-0040.
Cargo—Air Freight Service call: 1-800-533-1222