How to call Avis: contact customer service using the toll free number below. Rent a car, change reservations, etc. When you call, you will be asked the questions below.
United States Rates and Reservations
- Hi, thank you for calling Avis Rent A Car where we always try harder
- Are you calling to check rates for a new reservation?
- Thank you calling Avis customer service, our normal hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 7:30 pm and weekend from 8:00 am to 6:30 pm central time.
- If you are in an Avis car and you need emergency road service press 1
- to get a copy of the past rental agreement or to expedite the handling of your inquiry you may also visit us at Avis.com by selecting the customer service link
- To make a reservation please press 2
- to modify an existing reservation press 3
- to reconfirm or cancel an existing reservation please press 4
- to extend a current rental please press 5.
- For questions or assistance in utilizing the avis.com website press 1.
- For rates and reservations in the US or Canada press 2.
- For international rates and reservation outside the US or Canada press 3.
- For all other calls please hold, you will be transferred to the next available representative.
Car in the Shop?: 1-866-607-1403
Get Away/Wizard Setup: 1-800-722-5909
Avis Car Sales: 1-866-315-4690
Canada Rates and Reservations: 1-800-879-2847, 1-800-331-1084
Scooter Rentals: 1-800-669-9585
Speech- and Hearing-Impaired Services: Call TTY/TDD 1-800-331-2323
4 Hour Roadside Assistance: dial our hotline at 1-800-354-2847
Chaffeur Drive: 00-1-800-272-5839
24/7 International Message Center: 1-800-297-4447